Animal Kindness Clubs
With over 2 million people living in Northern Uganda, The BIG FIX Uganda needs ambassadors to carry our education to the villages. We therefore have 28 very active Animal Kindness Clubs. Each club has an average of 30 members. Some clubs are affiliated with schools and others are collections of adult animal advocates from villages.
We hold sectional meetings every 2 months to gather our Animal Kindness Club leaders and support them in carrying out our set activity schedule in each local club.
Our clubs carry on a variety of activities including:
- Celebrating World Animal Day
- Giving educational talks and dramatic performances in the villages
- Holding debates about animal issues
- Participating in radio talk shows
- Holding "Wash Your Dog" events
- Teaching dog training through positive reinforcement
- Conducting village inspections to look for animal neglect cases and to rectify them
The club activities are aimed at improving the quality of life for all animals in the villages, to educate people about the basic rights of animals, to show people that the forming of good bonds with dogs and other companion animals is beneficial, and to empower those who receive these messages to pass on the information to others.
For $100, you can sponsor one club for a year.